The 2nd annual CPES Innovation Awards
The CPES Innovation Awards feature three award categories, to recognize achievements in
- Research Innovation
- Industrial Commercialization
- Startup the Year
In keeping with the themes and focus of CPES, award applicants should highlight collaboration across the industry ecosystem between various industry and R&D players, to address real needs in various market verticals.
The submission deadline is February 17, 2017. Only Members in good standing of the Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association (CPEIA) may apply.
Winners will be announced during an awards ceremony on the afternoon of May 25 at CPES. Start-up of the Year will be announced May 26, following the Mentoring Session. Winners will be profiled and showcased in Canada and promoted to the global industry.
For a research project completed in the past year into underlying technical principles, the proof of concept, that can enable the development of new and innovative products and applications for printable, flexible or wearable electronics. Such proof of concept has been validated and tested and is ready for commercialization. Eligible are Canadian universities, not-for-profit R&D organizations and colleges.
Emphasis will be placed on projects that were carried out in collaboration with industry partners, where there is evidence of:
- Your technology working
- The significance of the problem that the invention is solving for the user
- A broad market need
- Unique competitive advantages of the innovative solution
Most Innovative New Product/Commercialization
This applies to a device, product, material or application that involves or enables printable, flexible or wearable electronics. The award is open to any for-profit organization of any size.
The product must have become commercially available within the past 12 months. Nominations must describe:
- Your product and the problem it’s solves for the customer
- The value proposition – what benefits your product delivers to the customer and evidence of the broader market need it is intended to address
- The size of its expected addressable market
- The product’s unique competitive advantages
Nominees are also asked to provide pictures, as well as information that demonstrates market uptake. This can include metrics around end user adoption, and user volumes and applications in target market verticals. Confidential financial data is not required, but can be provided to strengthen the nomination. Judges will look for success in terms of products sold and revenues generated, as well as impact on the marketplace and society at large. Large-scale deployment is an important consideration for this award. Please note that the awards committee will keep any competitive or financial information submitted confidential.
Startup of the Year
Following our Day 3 programming of Financing and Mentoring sessions – our mentors will select the best pitch company to win Startup of the Year.
Only companies participating in the Day 3 Mentoring & Financing Sessions are eligible for this award.
Innovation Awards Nomination
Judges are leaders from academia, industry and other public sector R&D organizations.
- Name of award applied for.
- Title of project/product.
- Approximate 200-word summary of project/product – this will be public information upon award.
- Approximate 600-word explanation of why you should win the award with suitable evidence. Please address the four main questions for the award, beyond providing a description of your project/product. This will remain confidential information.
- Please provide a contact for the project.
- Judges may request further information on your submission.
- Any financial information or other confidential data submitted as part of a nomination will be held in the strictest confidence.
- Only the winning organizations will be named. Companies that apply, but do not win this year, will not be named.
- CPEIA will ensure that all judges will be under NDA with respect to the financial details of the submissions.
- Judges will not review any applications that may be in a conflict of interest.
SPEAKERS + POSTERS
CPES2017 unveils 30+ world-class keynotes, industry speakers
Standards, Batteries, Inks & Pastes
Deadline April 28: Limited availability, first come first served
MENTORING & FINANCING
Open to first 10 companies to register